Saturday, June 7, 2008

A real update

Well, it's time for a real update. It is very late on Friday night so I will probably finish this in the morning. I started the week out with a full day of orientation to the company, a tour, and lots of paperwork. There were several people starting their internships, or full-time jobs, this week so we had to split up for the tour and some of the other things. Pixar has a very family type atmosphere. The employees are eager to share their knowledge and it is a very open atmosphere to all employees.

Since Tuesday, I've spent all day every day at a quick start training class for technical employees and interns. We've been given an overview training of all the steps in the animation process and how to use their proprietary software to create and modify the film shots. It's been a lot of information, but we are now working on our final projects that we will turn in on Monday evening.

Already there have been some amazing opportunities at exposure to the film community and animation. And I know that will only continue throughout the summer.

More interns start this coming week (including my roommate who isn't here yet) which will make things a little different. Between our orientation day, lunches, and our training class, several of us have already become friends and gotten to know each other pretty well. It will be interesting to see how that changes this week with all the new interns.

Also, I thought I'd extend an open invitation for any of you (as long as I know you) to be my guests (up to 3) at a pre-release screening of Wall-E in the Pixar theater (on Pixar's campus here in Emeryville) on 6/26 (the day before release)! Seriously, I'm allowed to bring some guests and I could get you free tickets if I knew ahead of time you were coming. So let me know asap if you're at all interested and we can discuss it in more detail.

Well, it is now really late and I hope to have some fun tomorrow so I should probably get some sleep. I'll go ahead and post this and maybe add more tomorrow if I have time. I think I'm going to go swimming in the morning for exercise and head over to San Francisco with some other interns in the afternoon. If so, I will post pictures soon.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I want to come to Wall-E! Do you think I could fly to visit you twice?!

Michelle said...

I'm with Jess! I want to come...that'd be so cool!

Sheryl said...

Michelle is teaching me all about this blog stuff!! Fun! Loved your writing!