Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Feeling settled and a little romance

The Pixar PoolThis weekend was a lot of fun, and work today actually felt pretty "normal", in a good way. We had a team meeting to overview some details of the pipeline for our work and to just make things more standard for all of us. I felt more like a part of the team and started to get some real work done.

Yesterday was a lot of fun too. I got picked up for church and we headed over to the Mission district of San Francisco. The building was smaller than I expected but they have 4 different services each weekend. I was very impressed with the church in many ways. I will certainly be going back and will probably write more about it in a week or two. After church, on the way back to my apartment, we stopped at a very authentic burrito restaurant that had very good, and inexpensive, food. I was dropped back off at my apartment and relaxed for a while.

After an hour or so I suggested to my roommates that we head over to Pixar to have some fun. They agreed that they didn't just want to sit around all afternoon so we took off and had a lot of fun all afternoon. We ended up throwing a frisbee for a while, then playing a little soccer, and several games of shuffleboard. Other options that we considered were basketball, ping-pong, pool, foosball, and guitar hero. I took a few outdoor pictures while we were walking around the Pixar campus, and updated the photo album with them.




I kind of breezed through the account of this weekend cause there's something I wanted to talk about that I'm feeling much more strongly about right now. So, I'm going to totally change subjects and talk about something more personal.

And that subject is my amazing wife who I miss and love so much! And there is a reason for me to bring this up other than just the fact that I haven't seen her in more than 2 weeks. Tomorrow (in just 1 hour), is our 3 and a half year anniversary. Now, we don't usually "celebrate" half anniversaries, but today, I want to verbalize some of the thoughts I've been having and really let you know how much she means to me.

Every time I think about Jess (which is a LOT), I am so thankful that God brought us together. Not only is she the most gorgeous woman I know, but she shows me her complete love so frequently. In the little things and the obvious ones, she is so encouraging, helpful, and amazing. Earlier this week I was letting myself feel overwhelmed and was feeling sorry for myself and how difficult my assignment has been here at Pixar. Jessica was able to say a few words to me, which at first hurt me and made me want to get frustrated, but her honestly was from the heart and she knew that it was what I needed to hear. It has made a big difference in my attitude and her words were a blessing from God. I am so thankful I get to hear her voice everyday when we talk on the phone.

Everyday that passes while I am here in California I realize, not just how much I miss her, but how much she is part of me. We share everything all the time and it has been harder than I expected to explore new places and have fun without her here to share it all with me. I miss sharing milkshakes and meals, sunsets and scenery, laughs and smiles, hugs and kisses, and so much more!

It is getting late so I will wrap this up. Jessica, I know you will read this, and I just want to say in front of our friends and family who read this, that I am more in love with you than I've ever been. With every passing day I realize a little more clearly how much you mean to me, how much I long to make you happy, how much I love everything about you, how much I know that I will never love you less and how you are everything that I've ever hoped or longed for. You are part of me and these last 3.5 years have been so much better than I thought they could be. I am so excited that we get the rest of our lives together! So, have a great Tuesday and remember that I am thinking about you and can't wait to see your beautiful face again. In just 31 days now.

Goodnight my love.

1 comment:

Kendra Joy said...

You are precious! Thanks for sharing such a personal thing with your friends and family. It's great to hear that you guys are doing so well - 3.5 years! Well done. ;)