Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The biggest news of my summer!

Well, it seems my dreams have come true. And the one thing that I thought had no chance of happening this summer did. I got asked if I would be interested in staying on at Pixar full-time in a regular, non-intern, position! So after a week of interviews with important people and lots of waiting, Tuesday morning I received an official offer letter from Pixar Animation Studios!

I've worked it out with my supervisor and I will be "starting" as a regular employee in 3.5 weeks, on 9/22. I'll continue working with the same team doing exactly what I'm doing now, but this time there is no end date. After I start and find a place to live, Jessica, along with all our stuff, will move to California to begin the rest of our lives. Sometime in the next couple years I will continue, and finish my Master's at a school near Pixar, maybe UC Berkeley.

It's all happened so fast and I still don't think it has sunk in. I'm already deep in the process of moving, initializing many of the processes that have to be complete.

So, now I can extend an invitation to all of you to come visit us in California after October, and see some of the inside of Pixar's studio. (Or just come to see us, that works just as well) We are both very excited about this opportunity and all it means for our future. I think we are both relieved to have a sense of stability and peace in knowing that I have a permanent job. And above that, the job I've wished, hoped, and prayed for most of my life.

God has completely orchestrated this and his fingerprints are all over everything that's happened leading up to this opportunity.

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

WOW!!! We are so proud of you! Can't wait to come visit! Mom and Dad

gfoak3 said...

Congratulations Reid. Thanks be to God!

semi-crazy blonde girl said...

Holy cow Reid!!! That is amazing! I'm so excited for you! I'm also excited that you two will be more than slightly more visitable now. :)

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for you! And yes, I know I've already written it on facebook a couple times :) lol. But its just so exciting! So what is your "official" job title?

Karla Slonaker said...

Congratulations Reid! How exciting for you both - I'm sure these are busy days. We are very proud of you and praise God for His direction in your life.

We love you both, Fred & Karla