Saturday, September 27, 2008

Why don't I want to blog?

That is a good question, and I don't know the answer. We'll see how long this ends up being, cause right now I really don't feel like writing.

Well the job is great! Living in a hotel is a little odd right now, but I fly to Rhode Island in just 5 days to be there when the moving truck gets loaded and to help move the cats. We're finding it to be an interesting task to fly with cats across country, but Pixar has been extremely gracious and have helped us find the best flights for us to take the cats. (I must not want to write, I just spent about 20 minutes on seatguru.com looking up our flights, seats, leg room, cabin space, entertainment info, as well as the pet options and seat layouts for several different carriers...talk about easily distracted)

Well, we have an apartment, I will sign the lease and get the keys early next week. It is in Walnut Creek, which is about a 15 minute drive east, from Pixar. After we looked at apartments last Saturday, Jessica and I spent some time exploring the town and were very pleased with our decision. It is a family friendly area that has a lot of shopping, entertainment, and things going on, even though it is only about 60k people. We hope to get a guest room situated pretty quickly. Although, we won't have a car for a while. I just realize that I hadn't mentioned it on the blog, but we sold our car about 2 weeks ago. We decided it would solve a lot of hassle, and when we replace it, we want to get something that's cheaper (to buy, maintain, and fuel). Therefore, I will start commuting to and from work on the BART.

It's been a little weird coming back to work and having most of my friends gone (all the summer interns), but it has been a lot of fun to hang out with the other friends I had that are still here, and I'm already meeting more people. I'm so happy to think about the stability of this job and our future. I like knowing that after we get settled into our apartment, things won't have to change much. I think we are both looking forward to that feeling with all the constant changes we've had over the last several years. And most specifically, there was always some date down the road when another change was going to occur...but not anymore. It's nice.

Well, I think that's it for now. It's going to be a very busy week for Jessica while she finishes the packing without me to help. And then once I leave here, the end of this week will be hectic and crazy for us both. Then we'll have a week of relative clam while we wait for the truck to make it cross country, then we'll be super busy unpacking and getting moved in. Exciting times!

No comments: